Background

Sunday, June 30, 2013

In A Mall Far Far Away

 
Do you remember when malls had weekend art shows? I loved entering a mall and smelling the oil paint and turpentine, seeing the portable galleries, artists working on paintings and chatting with passersby. As a kid I was painfully aware that all of these artists, even those creating simple landscapes, were producing work far more proficient than mine but I always figured I’d improve. It was only a matter of time until I was selling art in mall art shows, but I never could have guessed it would turn out the way it did. Read about it (here.)



Note: I’ve heard that Blogger is discontinuing its Blog Reader on Monday, which might make it hard for me to find some of your posts. I’ve signed up to follow many of you via other methods and I’ll continue to do so. But if you don’t hear from me it’s simply because I’m still trying to find you.

CC 

1 comment:

  1. Google/Blogger seem to be trying to make things as difficult as possible for everyone.

    I hear starting next week, they're going to start posting only every third word of our blogs.

    Gotta keep us on our toes!

    ReplyDelete