Background

Sunday, March 11, 2012

You Told Us Where To Go


In January I asked my fellow bloggers to help me and Mrs. Chatterbox figure out where to go on our next vacation. We’ve been to some interesting places, but our last trip was cancelled by the State Department. We received wonderful suggestions on one of my most popular posts: Your Chance To Tell Me Where To Go, which you can check out (Here).


We seriously considered staying within our own borders and availing ourselves of our fabulous National Parks, but in the end our spirit of planetary curiosity won out. In May we’re packing our bags and setting off to Turkey. As many of you know, I’m interested in all things related to ancient Rome, and Istanbul, formerly Constantinople, was once the Capital of the Roman Empire. We also plan on visiting the ruins of Troy and Ephesus, the capital at Ankara, and the fairy chimneys of Cappodocia. I hope to take a picture of Mrs. C. on a camel (or at least getting spit on by one) somewhere along the way.


Thanks again for all those great suggestions. A few of them are now on our bucket list for the future.

10 comments:

  1. Sounds great...my friend went there twice...she LOVES it. Never been myself...I'll just stick to the US this year...ROAD TRIP!!!!! YEA! Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool, utterly wonderful thing to do!!! You all are going to have a blast of atomic proportions, and we want to see lots of pics when you return!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Now that sounds like an adventure! Yes, take lots of pictures!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and mrs. Chatterbox will have such fun on your wonderful vacation, I just know it. I'm glad you decided to venture off into the unknown, it sounds wonderful, Stephen! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when a plan comes together. How fun for the both of you. I know you'll enjoy every minute.

    Have a terrific day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, i hope you both have a terrific time, but no camel spit! It's awful stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great choice! My sister (who lives in Munich) and my husband's brother (who lives in Kentucky) have been long-distance dating for a number of years now. Twice a year, they meet in some fantastic, exotic vacation spot and then go back to their respective lives... Two years ago in May they went to Turkey and brought back some wonderful pictures of Cappodocia. I have a feeling you and Mrs. Chatterbox will love it and bring back some great pictures for us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow...my 2 sons are history buffs..this would be a dream come true vacation for them...some day though.. good for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent choice! I, too, love ancient Rome -- I would like to see Sicily and hope one day before I die that it will be possible to go to Libya.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Turkey? Just around the corner from me ... well, nearly.

    ReplyDelete